Learn from scrap startups how to start a scrap business
As soon as we hear the name of junk, the picture of the old stuff kept in the house, of the junk seller coming to pick up that stuff on the handcart is first formed in our mind. Have you ever thought that even an educated person can do the business of junk? You will be surprised to know that today there are many such educated youths, who are earning crores of rupees by doing the business of junk.
Shubham Jaiswal started “thekabadi.com” in Delhi in 2017 after completing his MBA. Similarly, 2 engineer friends from Bhopal started “The Kabadiwala” startup, which now has an annual turnover of more than 10 crores.
Today learn from these startups how to do junk business and how to make it a multi-crore company
- No job is too small:In the beginning of all the startups mentioned above, their founders had to face some questions. Like why are you doing a small job like junk after studying so much, think big in life. If you also want to do the business of scrap, then first of all you have to leave your shyness and be ready for such questions.
- How much space required:The amount of space you need depends on how big of a business you want to be. If you want to trade on a larger scale, you will need a bit more space. For this, you should have so much space, where the loading vehicle can move easily to bring and carry the junk.
- Location:Like every business, location matters a lot in this business too. Your business should be at such a place, where it is easy for people to reach and there is a paved road for traffic.
- Document:GST registration is most important for the business of scrap. When your business becomes large scale, then GST registration is necessary.
- Junk Disposal:Junk can be used in many ways. You can earn profit by selling the junk in the recycling center. These recycling centers can take your junk and use it in many ways. Apart from this, you can redesign the items received in the junk, you must have seen in many cities that the local municipal bodies use old tires and other junk items to make chairs and other artistic things for the beauty of the city. You can also earn profit by doing this work from junk by hiring a creative person.
- Profit:The main objective behind starting any business is to earn profit. You can guess about its profit from the fact that “The Kabaddiwala” of Bhopal did a turnover of 10 crores in the year 2019. You can make profit by selling the junk to recycling center, making creative designs from the junk items. Apart from this, by making manure from wet waste, you can earn profit from that too.
To start any business, you must first get all kinds of information about that business. If you also want to do the business of junk, then first you should get all the information about it like how you will collect the junk, information about the recycling center around you etc. to sell that junk.